Midland Motor Caravan Hire

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How do I Book a Motor Caravan for Hire ?
A. Download/open Booking Reservation form, complete & return to us with a Cheque or other payment for £150 per week’s hire. A confirmation will be forwarded.

Q. How and when do I pay ?
A. You can pay the Booking Deposit of £150 per week (non refundable) by card over the telephone or by online banking direct to our account and is payable as soon as you book to secure your motorhome and dates. The remainder needs to be paid 28 days prior to hire start.

Q. Is there anything else to pay ?
A. Yes, there is a (refundable) damage deposit of £900 for UK or £1200 for Europe to be pre-paid 7 days before the hire start or with a card or in cash on collection. If vehicle is brought back in the same condition then you will receive a full refund. We also have a mileage policy of 800 miles per week, thereafter will be charged at 20p per mile.

Q. What Paperwork do I need to bring with me ?
A. Full UK Driving License & DVLA license check code, plus 2 Household/utility bill or bank statement.

Q. Is there a age limit to hire the Motor Homes ?
A. Yes. You need to be 25 or over with 3 years driving experience and under 75. Please call if you are outside of these limits as we can sometimes get clearance from our insurers.

Q. Are there any restrictions for motoring offences ?
A. Yes. Up to 2 x SP30s within last 5 years are accepted, but the insurers do not accept anything else. Please call if you are outside of these limits as we can sometimes get clearance from our insurers which may just incur additional charges.

Q. What time can I collect the vehicle and what time should it be back by ?
A. The vehicle is usually available from midday and should be returned by 10am Other times may be available.

Q. How long does it take to hand over the Motor Home ?
A. Approximately 1 hour.

Q. How will I remember everything about the equipment ?
A. We start off with a full on hire check list in which we show you where it is & how it works.

Q. What optional extras are available ?
A. We can supply Bikes, camping chairs/tables, 12V/240V TV’s with DVD Players, SAT/NAV
with Bluetooth for Hand free phone use. Please call for charges.

Q. Can you Deliver the vehicle ?
A. Yes. There will be a charge for this service depending upon distance and how busy we are. It is not always possible to offer this service.

Q. Where can I leave my Car ?
A. Your car can be left here.

Q. What should I bring with me and what is provided ?
A. Vehicles are equipped with pots, pans, Kettle, Baking Tray, crockery, cutlery & utensils. You should bring your own bedding, towels, clothes, food & money.

Q. Can we take our dog ?
A. Yes. Please discuss when booking.

Q. Are there any speed restrictions on the vehicle ?
A. No, but you must comply with all relevant road restrictions in place.

Q. Tell me about Caravan/Camping sites ?

A. We supply a copy of Caravan & Camping Club site guide with complimentary membership to the Caravan & Camping club giving discounted rates (see below or click on the logo for more information).

Q. How do I book a Site?
A. To stay on our campsites all you need to do is call our service centre on 024 7767 0091 for UK Club Sites or 024 7767 0279 for Camping in the Forest and let our advisor know that you are hiring a vehicle from one of our Motorhome Hire Scheme Members.

Q. How difficult are Motor Homes to drive and what license do I need ?
A. Surprisingly easy to drive these days with power steering and all the other comforts. All our vehicles are with 3.5T limit and can be driven under normal full UK Manual license.

Q. What sort of Fuel economy should I expect ?
A. Dependant upon your driving style approximately 25-32miles per gallon of DIESEL.

Q. Will I be warm enough ?
A. Yes. All vehicles are well insulated and have fully blown air heating.

Q. What happens if we have a problem ?
A. Firstly telephone us for assistance during reasonable hours. If it is a vehicle breakdown then use the Breakdown/recovery card to call for assistance.

Q. Are we insured to travel into Europe?
A. No. We need to obtain a upgrade from our insurers to maintain fully comprehensive road cover for you. There is a charge for this (please ask). Full european breakdown/recovery cover will also need to be upgraded.

Q. What do I need to do when travelling into Europe ?
A. We recommend that you obtain your own travel insurance for all passengers as soon as you book. This is not expensive but well worth the peace of mind. You also need a bulb replacement & travel kit, which we will endeavour to provide.

Midland Motor Caravan Hire

Tel: 01386 792434  Mbl: 07941 055917 Email: info@mmchire.co.uk Website: www.mmchire.co.uk